We are holding our 2022 AGM on the 25th of September, 13.30-15.30.
This is where we will discuss the future of Trans Pride Scotland – and so as a community organisation, we want as many people as possible to be there!
The meeting will be held online, on Zoom, with all attendees able to vote for committee members and on proposed amendments to the constitution. You can register here to attend here: registration link. Those registered will be sent joining details via email on the day of the event.
Run for Committee
To apply to be part of the new committee, please click here: Candidate Application.
There are seven roles to apply for: co-convenor, treasurer, venue officer, march officer, social media officer, secretary and ordinary member. Our Ordinary members are the backbone of the committee, and although the other roles have some specific duties, everyone pitches in as and when they are able to make Trans Pride Scotland as good as it can be.
Do you want to help connect the trans community in Scotland? Would you like to build skills in event, communication and community management? We need you. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn is more important than experience- the skills you can bring to the table and your willingness to spend some time are what we value most.
In the Running
📣📣📣 For Co-Convenor: 📣📣📣
- Jacqueline Wilde (she/her) – “As an active member of the trans community and with experience in organising I feel I owe something and can offer something to helping right one of the most important events in our community’s calendar.”
💸💸💸For Treasurer: 💸💸💸
- Joanne Gordon (she/her) – “I have experience in accounting and invoicing so it would be a good way for me to give back to the community.”
🥁👨🦽🚶For March Officer🥁👨🦽🚶
- Kris Muir (she/her) – “Trans Pride Scotland 2018 in Edinburgh was the first pride event I ever attended and as such I have been invested in TPS’ success ever since. Having worked with TPS sporadically over the past 5 years in a variety of roles, I have experience in the role of March Officer. I have an aptitude for planning and I am incredibly comfortable liaising with local authorities.”
✋✋✋For Ordinary Member: ✋✋✋
- Alfred Shekito Fornah (They/them) – “Trans Pride Scotland’s is my Safe space we’re I can feel confident to not be judged,criticized, harassed, and in general I will be able to be myself with no harm.”
- LK Roxanne (She/her) – “I want to lend my organisational skills to the committee and assist in any way I can. If you have a monotonous or boring task to be done, I’m your pineapple!”
Propose an Amendment
Trans Pride Scotland operates under a community-decided constitution and has done since our founding. You can find our constitution here: TPS Constitution 2022
To submit a constitutional amendment, click here: Constitutional Amendment Proposal
You can submit proposals for all sorts of things- if you feel like it would improve Trans Pride Scotland for yourself or for others let us know and we shall discuss your proposal during the AGM.